12 Porky Down’s pork sausages
3tbsp olive oil
1 small onion, peeled and chopped
2 cloves of garlic, peeled and chopped
1tsp fennel seeds
250g cherry tomatoes
500g passata (sieved tomatoes)
6 sheets filo pastry
200g cubed feta cheese
1. Begin by preheating your oven to 180C.
2. Grease a roasting tin and line it with baking parchment.
3. Brush a saute pan with a little oil, heat to medium heat and add the sausages. Make sure to turn the sausages frequently until they are browned all over, then remove from the heat.
4. While the sausages are browning, heat the oil in a separate pan, add the onion and garlic to this, cook for 3-4 minutes until soft.
5. Add the fennel seeds, chopped basil, cherry tomatoes and passata to the cooked onion and garlic.
6. Cut each sausage into quarters and add these to the sauce. Cook this for a further 5 minutes.
7. Now, lay a sheet of filo pastry on the work surface and brush with olive oil. Repeat until you have three sheets on top of each other and transfer them to the lined roasting tin.
8. Start spooning the sausage mixture into the tin, on top of the filo sheets. Add the cubes of feta all over the filling.
9. Now fold the edges of the filo sheet over onto the filling. Brush three further sheets of filo with oil, fold them in half (with the oiled side on top) and put on top of the sausage mixture, this will form a lid.
10. Put in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown on top and the filling is bubbling.
11. Serve with a fresh, green salad if you like and enjoy!