600g Porky Down’s pork fillet, cut this into 4cm thick slices
250g mixed basmati rice and wild rice
2tbsp black pepper
2tbsp olive oil
1 halved and sliced red onion
150ml cider vinegar
75ml maple syrup
small bunch of chopped parsley
1. Boil the rice in plenty of water, Drain, return to the pot and cover to keep warm.
2. Sprinkle black pepper and salt on all sides of the meat. Heat 1tbsp of the oil in a large frying pan. Sear the meat on both sides, do this until it is nicely browned and then remove this from the pan.
3. Put the remaining oil and the onion to the pan, cook for 5 minutes and then pour in the vinegar and let it reduce for around 1 minute.
4. Stir in the maple syrup and then return the pork to the pan, heat for 5 minutes until it’s cooked through.
5. Now time to serve the pork and sauce spooned over the rice, scatter the parsley over this too.