1. Firstly to ensure your steak is cooked efficiently throughout, get the steak out the fridge for at least an hour, prior to cooking to allow it to come up to room temperature.
2. Once the steak been out of the fridge for about an hour, begin by rubbing your Porky Down’s steak with olive oil and seasoning with a good pinch of sea salt and black pepper.
3. Make sure your pan is super hot before you add the meat, this will caramelise the meat, which is essential for the perfect, delicious crust!
4. Cook your steak for 6 minutes which will achieve the perfect medium-rare steak, or turning every minute, cooking to your liking.
5. If you’re a lover for more flavour, rub the steak with butter to enhance the taste of your meat from the sweetness of the butter.
6. Once you have cooked the steak to your liking, rest the steak on a plate collecting the juices from the pan for around 2 minutes.
7. Using a nice, sharp carving knife, slice your Porky Down’s steak
8. Whatever you prefer to serve with your perfect steak, whether it’s with chips and fresh veg or placed on top of a crisp, green salad, we are certain it will be delicious!😋