6 Porky Down lamb chops
200g baby heritage carrots
8 cloves of garlic
15g fresh thyme
1. Begin by seasoning the lamb chops with sea salt and black pepper. Place them in a shallow casserole pan with the fat edges facing down on medium-high heat, leave these for 5 minutes to render
2. Add the whole baby carrots and the unpeeled garlic gloves as well, turning regularly.
3. Gently, turn the chops to be on their side and cook for 2 minutes on each side, so they are golden but still pink in the middle.
4. Peel strips of zest from 1 orange and then sprinkle this into a pan with the thyme sprigs and toss it all together for around 30 seconds, this will help to get all the flavours going.
5. Remove your Porky Down’s chops and put them on a plate to rest
6. Squeeze the juice from all three oranges into the pan, let all this bubble.
7. Once the bubbling has been reduced and becomes sticky, add your lamb chops back into the pan to cover it in the flavours.
8. Time to serve and enjoy! 😀