2kg whole leg of Porky Down’s lamb
2 crushed garlic cloves
3 sprigs of chopped rosemary, plus a few whole sprigs
6 medium carrots
6 baby leeks
4 small turnips
3tbsp olive oil
250ml white wine
200ml chicken stock
300g baby plum tomatoes
1. Pre-heat your oven to 200C. Mix the rosemary, garlic, olive oil and season really well.
2. Place your Porky Down’s lamb in a large roasting tin and rub all over with the rosemary-garlic mixture.
3. Roast this for 30 minutes and then take out, turn your oven down to 160C.
4. Add the celery, carrots, leeks, turnips and whole rosemary sprigs to the tin then pour in the wine and stock.
5. Use a double sheet of tin foil to cover the tin and cook for 2 and a half hours.
6. Stir in the tomatoes and cook for another hour.
7. Pull the lamb into chunks and serve with the vegetables and juices.